Location: Aussie Girl (Victoria, Australia)
Astrological sign: Aries
1. Going to the cinemas and watching films I have never seen before.
2. Visiting second hand stores and going through other peoples junk to see if I can find myself a treasure.
3. Having heated debates with friends but still loving each other in the end.
4. Going back to our youth and playing board games for hours
5. Getting dressed up in outrageous outfits and dancing in front of the mirror.
6. Compliments or kind words from strangers
7. Listening to music and feeling the atmosphere from it build up around you
8. Watching my cat play and thinking about how if I loved her any more than I already do then I might just explode
9. Staying in my pyjamas all day and being lazy
1. Customers who are rude to the staff at work for no justified reason when we are doing the best we can.
2. Constant use of curse words that serve no purpose
3. Going shopping and finding the perfect outfit only to discover that it doesn't go up to my size.
4. The feeling I get inside of me whenever I think about a lost love
5. People on the Internet who go nuts at you if you happen to spell one or two words wrong. I think there is a difference between appreciating the English language and not wanting to read Internet lingo and people who get abusive over a couple of typos or a word spelt incorrect. Can you tell that I'm often a victim of this myself? lol
6. People saying "wow, you look tired, are you ok?" when you actually thought you were having a good day and that you looked great.
7. Negative people who always suck the energy out of you or a group by complaining instead of just giving something a go or making their own fun.
8. Putting your trust and faith in people only to find out that they aren't who they portrayed themselves to be.
9. Cheesecake - I just don't like it and I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I do.
10. Feeling like you need to go to the toilet while you are at the cinemas and it is halfway through a movie. Even though you went just before the movie started, for some reason your body is telling you to go again. Or when you have some popcorn and it gets stuck in your throat and you know that you need to cough but you don't want to annoy the other viewers so you do those little coughs. Once you do like 10 little annoying coughs you realise that it would have been less annoying to others if you just did one big one in the first place.
2. Tori Amos
4. Lou Reed
8. Marilyn Manson
10. Spice Girls (we all need a break from something serious once in a while in our lives)
10+ Movies/TV Shows:
1. Velvet Goldmine
2. Hedwig and the angry inch
6. Six Feet Under
7. Dead Like Me
8. Big Brother (a guilty pleasure)
9. Desperate Housewives
1. Cloud Street - Tim Winton
2. Minimum of Two - Tim Winton
(actually all of Tim Wintons novels I would recommend but I will just list these two because they are my favourites)
3. The Danish Girl by David Ebershoff
4. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
Same-sex marriages: We've probably all heard the love is love regardless of gender speech so I think it's fair to skip that part for now because we are all probably sick to death of hearing it.
Ideally marriage is about love, but realistically at the very end of the day marriage doesn't always have to equate to love at all. Let's just admit it, people get married for all sorts of different reasons. Marriage from a government’s point of view is the most important one in terms of the same-sex marriage debate.
I believe that homosexual couples should have the same rights as heterosexual couples. They should be able to be recognised as a married unit to be able to have the same benefits from the government. It is a matter of equal rights and benefits rather then love.
Abortion: I am 100% pro-choice. I don't care about the circumstances around the pregnancy whether it be from an unfortunate rape or whether it was just a teenager who didn't think to use protection or anything in between those examples. We should all have the same options available to us and the same rights.
Yes, having unprotected sex is stupid if you aren't ready for a child (although most of us could probably admit to being no angels in that aspect at some stage in our lives). Forcing them to have a child because they made a mistake is not fair. Treating the child as if it were a punishment for making a bad judgement call is not fair, bring a unwanted child into the world is not fair.
I think we need to put aside our personal moral believes in cases like this when thinking whether it should be legal or not.
I believe it should remain legal.
I believe that the idea of making abortion illegal is irrational and would case more death then it would be trying to solve.
I can't speak for you, but if I had a good friend who I knew was going to have an abortion. Regardless of my personal opinion on abortion I would rather know that my friend was in a clean, hygienic place with trained medical staff rather then hiding out some place paying for a back ally abortion that god knows what training behind it.
Not only could the unborn child die, but the mother could as well if something went wrong.
I personally don't like the idea of abortion, but I will always be pro-choice because I believe that abortion should remain legal and is as accessible and safe as possible. Other women deserve the right to make that choice, even if it isn't the choice that I would make myself.
Death penalty: I would refuse to live in a country that supported the death penalty without standing up and fighting to end it immediately. I would not sit by and let my government murder people without doing everything in my power to be heard.
I don't believe murdering somebody is the answer to anything. I believe an improved legal system would do a better job. Life is prison I am fine with.
War: War isn't fun kids. That's my advice.
Are you asking about the war in Iraq or just war in general?
Either way, Obviously it is something that we should avoid at all costs. It isn't something I would encourage or support.
Teen pregnancy: No different to mid-20s pregnancy or early-30s pregnancy. If asked I would recommend teenagers to use protection and live their teenage years to the fullest. Be children for as long as you can because you will miss it when you're older. But I have no issue with teenage mothers, as long as they love their children and are good providers then there is nothing to worry about.
I have a friend who had her child when she was 15-years-old and she is a fantastic mother.
I don't look down on them in any way.
Drugs/alcohol: I drink and I've done drugs on occasion. I don't have any regrets for either of these things. It is a personal choice and I made it. I think these things only become dangerous when the person isn't educated or informed enough to make smart decisions. I like to think that I am still a nice person with a life that is in order (well as much as is expected of a 21-year-old anyway). I have friends, family, i am educated and have a stable enough job.
Promote us in atleast 2 places and provide the links [optional]:
Promotion One: http://community.livejournal.com/commun
Make us laugh:
Why should you be accepted?: Because it is difficult to judge a person based on a few questions but I am planning on sticking around so I want you all to get to know me better. I promise that I'm wonderful lol
Post at least one clear picture of yourself, if possible. I don't have a digital camera so I've only got a few photos from parties that friend and family have sent to my e-mail.
This one is of me and my aunty. I'm the one in the black dress.